Thread: Cottage/Cabins
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
jkjoshuatree

Wink I Haven't Stayed There...

...but my grandparents and then parents did. They used to take the train from North Station in Boston to the Weirs and then they'd walk (yup, I said walk) along the tracks with their luggage looking for a place to rent.

One year they found Clearwater and loved it so they rented for seven or eight years until my dad was able to buy a place of our own on Bear Island.

I've rented a cottage a few doors down from Clearwater for a couple of years in a row and my family and I just loved the location. My wife loved walking the tracks into town every morning while the kids were still asleep and bringing them back cinnamon buns from the bakery in town.

It's a great location. Another reminder; because of the location of Clearwater you'll have the sun from dawn until about two. Then the sun will be behind you and the trees will block it from the docks/beach/swim area.

This doesn't bother me but my wife and two daughters are cold unless it's 90 degrees. If this is an issue with you, you may want to look elsewhere. Just giving you the heads up.