View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoLSP View Post
There are a lot of theories and opinions out there regarding whether or not a dislike button is a good thing. Some think that having a dislike button fosters negativity, and I can agree with that. Saying thanks and liking what others are saying makes this forum a positive experience. I just read an article that states, "Approval engenders solidarity and helps group identification." But what about those who have a dissenting opinion?
http://www.theeuropean-magazine.com/...dislike-button

I have also read another article about how boring the internet has become since the early days when people anonymously trolled on forums and were really nasty to one another. "These days, life online has become friendly, well mannered, oversweet. Everyone is on his or her very best behavior—and if they’re not, they tend to be quickly iced out of the conversation."
http://nymag.com/news/features/internet-nice-2012-11/

Some interesting reads!
Or since the thumbs down is already there for use in the title why not allow for that to be used with no comments made.
I can say I have tried this and been disappointed when it wasn't available.
Sometimes you just want to disagree with something without getting into a pissing contest like happens countless times.
Same with posting a photo, you can't just post a photo without typing something in as well, that is a pain in the ass as well.
You should be able to type something in the title and just post a photo.
I guess there are quite a few changes that could be made to make this a more user friendly site.