View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #75
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default If you can see the tower...

You show that you are in Alton Bay. If you are on the West side between the end of the bay and say Rte 11D west end, you should have great coverage.

On the east side, should be better than now. It will depend on where you are.

My sister in law has Consumer Cellular. Basic flip phone. Has it only for emergencies. Was out of power one day, called her son to let him know and they talked for about 20 minutes, at 25 cents a minute, I believe. She freaked out when she got her normal $10+ charge that was was $5 or more higher.

I looked at it because we do have Verizon. Wife and I now both have smartphones. Looking at the coverage almost everywhere for Verizon vs ATT, we still were curious about Consumer Cellular. After comparing apples with apples, we decided we were good with Verizon on there Share Plan...Unlimited Talk and Text with a Gig of Data. The closest we came to using a gig was while we were on a trip and away from wireless a lot of the time.

Consumer Cellular looks ok for the casual user...don't think I would recommend it for someone who uses their cell a lot. I also didn't like their choices of smartphones.

Not sure I am helping...Wish you luck.