View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Happy Gourmand

Default Louis' Pizza in Meredith

We were going to head up on Friday morning, but we managed to get everything packed on Thursday night and decided to head up. Not taking the time to have dinner at home, we decided to stop at Louis' in Meredith and get a pizza.
Many already know that the Nasis' sold their place sometime last year...I wish them luck and happiness in their retirement.
Louis' had a reputation as one of the best places in the area to get pizza...I really thought it was great. If you like thin crust pizza, this isn't the place for you.
When you like a place, you don't like to see too many changes, so I was worried that the new owners would change up the recipe. I was happy that they didn't.
I walked in about 7:30 on Thursday night...the parking lot was absolutely empty...in fact, other than one other vehicle parked a few stores down, mine was the only car in the lot...seemingly not a good sign!
I was greeted by a young couple, late 20's to mid thirty's. Though the parking lot was empty, they were very busy...the phone was ringing, and they had several to go orders they were working on. Because they were so busy, I didn't have much of an opportunity to chat with them, but did ask if they were the new owners and "how's business?" They are the owners and he told me they were having a great summer. Good for them!
Now for the pizza....being a creature of habit, I was somewhat prepared to be disappointed...as I said, I always liked Louis' pizza. I thought I'd miss the thick tender crust....the copious amount of cheese, and so much pepperoni that you can barely see the cheese. I wasn't disappointed one bit....it was as if Louis himself was still there and made it for us. I brought the pizza home and set it on the table, opened it up...my daughter said, "Dad, there's almost too much pepperoni" We looked at each other....."NAWWWW" There was just enough, just as I remember it!
I have no clue what would happen if I had ordered it with extra cheese and/or pepperoni...there just wasn't room for either.
All that pepperoni made the pizza somewhat oily...but that's the way I like it.
Nice tender crust...tasty sauce...ample amounts of cheese and pepperoni....Louis' at its best!
I you liked Louis' pizza before, you won't be disappointed with Louis' now!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post: