Thread: Chilly Day!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #16
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I know it is automated, but it is surprising to me that they would actually report that. You would think the weather guy/girl would know by looking at other reporting weather stations in the area that this is faulty data.
I think they're all computers at this point A lot of data, including radar, used to be more dependable for boating and planning. It seems they even have models masquerading as radar nowadays. I was getting poured on a couple of Saturdays ago, and the "doppler" didn't even have a green spec on the display.

Some weather sites show a fantastic Friday coming up. But that's somewhat changing. Accuweather ans INtellicast have made a mistake. On one site, they show my forecast for the weekend, which differs in temperature and sun/cloud ratio from the people forecast and picture below.

I still try to predict my own weather now. If it's going to be miserable in Ohio and the GL, I add a day or two, and imagine that to be my weather. I just wish they could have left well enough alone and kept things like they were 3-4 years ago.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote