View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Unfortunately many agencies in NH find themselves underfunded. And of course trying to get them funded is a major challenge with out changing the Tax structure in NH.

However I think what it is time for the State of NH to consider, is looking at agencies that can be combined. For instance, The NH marine patrol already patrols the water. And of course I see a fish and game boat sitting idle most of the summer at 19 mile bay. Why doesn't Fish and Game work in co-operation with the Marine Patrol, I see a huge savings on equipment. And while I am not advocating merging the two agencies, if a Marine Patrol officer and a Fish and Game officer when in a Boat together, especially on weekdays what would it hurt.

The problem in NH as well as most states, is that there are to many agencies... they need to look for parallelisms, and work together, instead of fighting for funding, and having an over lapping need for additional resources.