View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #35
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
The press, government, school systems, ACLU . . . . That's just off the top of my head. I think we can all agree that organized religion, especially Christian denominations, is under attack, whether it be religious monuments on state/federal property, forcing Christian organizations to fund abortions, gay marriage, boycotting Christian businesses, etc. The list is endless.
Don't forget to add to your endless list the damage that organized religion has done to itself. Maybe I'm off base here, but I'm betting that some who were previously more devout have been turned off by scandal and cover-up. I don't think I have to get more specific.

And you don't need religion to provide structure, order or morality to society. Some of us are very capable of leading structured, ordered and moral lives without being one bit religious, as hard as that may be to believe.

Also, if you think that gay marriage is contributing to "the systematic removal of organized religion from American culture," you should probably look at factors inside your church first. Churches that are more instead of less inclusive will probably find it easier to attract parishioners, instead of drive them away.

And no, we can't all agree that organized religion, especially Christian denominations, is under attack. I think what is being attacked is small-mindedness, bigotry, and those who claim to be doing things in the name of Jesus that are very un-Jesus like.
The Following User Says Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: