View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #98
TOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Not to say I don't sympathize with that increase, but that's peanuts here in NJ. I own a 1400sq ft cape on 4700 sq ft of land. My taxes have increased from $2400 in 1990 to $6788 for 2009. We have also had an increase in the sales tax to 7% in 2008 and we also have a graduated income tax. Oh yeah, in the past 2 years, the sewer fees which used to be included in the tax bill are now billed separately, so tack on another $145 to my $6788 tax bill. I just cringe when I hear people say a sales or income tax will reduce property tax bills in NH. DON'T BELIEVE IT, FOLKS! We also have Atlantic City gambling which was supposed to help -- all it does is allow state govt. to spend more - mostly on corruption.
I agree..very similiar here in the "Common" Wealth of Assachusetts. The private sector "pays" while the government "plays"!

What do they mean by "Common"wealth"?
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington

Last edited by TOAD; 01-10-2010 at 06:32 AM.
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote