View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #42
NoRegrets

Thank you. I am getting to the age where I should have known better but failed to pay attention. I really miss the simplicity of having a cell phone to make a phone call......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I think we should start to self-police! Yes, that's it! If one finds oneself committing a violation, then one should report themselves to Marine Patrol and perhaps even be able to write oneself a ticket. The State could issue a debit card of sorts - if a violation occurs, then the violator could stop at the nearest ATM, choose the violation on the screen, and then the card would be debited for the appropriate fine amount. It's the solution to all problems. I'd better find a convenient ATM for all the fines I'm going to impose on myself for speeding by Bear Island this summer.
LMAO - It would be a hardship for people to take the action you suggested - BUT - Maybe we could start a business creating and selling software that fits the requirements you outlined to our government. They in turn can create a new law forcing all citizens run it on their personal devices.

We can use Motown to make a catchy little jingle "Report Yourself".

Back to the topic at hand.

Marine Patrol deals with fewer officers, more boats... It is really about safety and we need to deal with Public Safety with the soured perspective of dwi - rudeness - and a sense of arrogant entitlement. I am all in favor of a smack to the head of someone who is out of line but that is not possible anymore so we resort to the technicality of laws and catch me if you can behavior. The OWS protests have progressed the destruction of our police agencies credibility’s. If they arrest someone for breaking laws it is taped, on the internet within minutes, and on the six o’clock news. The police are portrayed in a bad light.

A percentage of more Marine Patrol on the waters will not change the crime of arrogance. It will take a more significant social shock to fix that.

Have a great weekend. Leaving to get to the lake before the afternoon traffic jams!
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote