Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #95
eillac@dow

I do hate to post bad reviews of a restaurant or any establishment....but...something is wrong here. I do believe they are trying...why wouldn't they? They got a great place, great location and have such great opportunities to prosper. But my recent experience.....

I stayed this past weekend at the Inn and I found the rooms just fine. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room. Two nice queen beds...very comfy....nice big couch and a nice big chair. It suited me, my mom and two sisters just fine. I found the room to be clean...so no complaints here. All Inn staff was very pleasant, answered all questions, offered assistance checking in and checking out...but....

During the evening, we decided to go to the lounge for a drink. Walking out of our room we opened a door and went down the staircase. Only to find out that the staircase led to a locked front door....that was it! So back up the stairs we go. And low and behold there is no door knob. Not like it was missing...fell off...nothing. There was never a door knob there. Back down the stairs we go (now this is not a stairwell, but a nice stair case). Door does not open. Back up I go. I take my shoe off and start slamming the heel of my shoe off of the door to get attention. Nothing. So we can either pull the fire alarm or I can use my cell phone. I dial 411, ask for the Wolfeboro Inn and "kindly" alert them that 4 women are trapped in stairway in the Inn. (now my mom is with me....77 yrs old)

We were found!!! They must of known of the staircase. Offers of a free drink and breakfast were made. Naturally, we took them up on the free drink (and then had one or two more)!

The poor man that "rescued" us. We read him the riot act. First of all, why is there no sign on the door saying "No exit" or "Do Not Enter". Before we went back to our room that night, we went by the door and low and behold there was a sign up.

Went to breakfast the next morning......around 8:30. First issue....finding menu's....Menu's are not available at 8:30? The place was far from being full. Second issue..."Would you all like coffee? Yes, please" we wait and wait...see another waitress come by and ask about coffee and then our waitress comes by with the empty pot in her hand" and says...I just have to brew another pot. Maybe it is me, but I always thought coffee was a popular menu selection at breakfast.

Breakfast turned out to be a bust. After a long wait, eggs were cold....homefries..horrible...but the sausages were good!

Let's just say that I am glad I did not pay for breakfast because it certainly would not be worth it.

I do hate to dump on restaurants, (although I think I just did a fine job of it). But they need to know that there is a serious issue. Again, the two night stay was fine...I would probably stay there again (although would be cautious about stairways ). But the restaurant needs some help.

I know the Wolfeboro Inn's GM has chimed in here. I know things do not happen over night. I am willing to give them another shot...as far as staying there. Would I eat there? Probably not. Not until I read or hear good reviews.

eillac
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eillac@dow For This Useful Post: