View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTO View Post
Never assume they know. I called in a marker in early July that was in a very high-traffic area and this was the first time I had heard about it. It had been missing since the summer began (or at least until the jet ski had been put in mid June). Just call it in to be safe!
I assume, they knew because, the MP boats where in the area all day.... If they didn't pick up on it, I would be real disappointed in their abilities....

Now with that said the marker is back in place...

Now as to the dangers out side the channel.... Having explored the are in canoe and Kayak, I can tell you there are various rocks on either side of the channel that could cause issue. Most of the year most of them wouldn't cause an issue for a small run about on plane but to anything that drafts more then a couple of feet, plowing through either side of the channel could be hazourdous..... These rocks are not as big as the graveyard but any stetch but they are there.....

Also on a sunny day, in the middle of channel in between the Lighted black and accompany red, you can spot a rock that in years of extremely low water has claimed some victims....... its has some noticable scars.....