View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
I can answer a definitive yes on this one as I used to have the my PWC setup this way and was told by Safety Services that I did need a mooring permit.
Interesting I was not told the same thing.... I gave detailed information as to the fact that it wasn't out any further then the dock.....

The only thing that might be different is I did mention that it was only going to be used when I needed the slip at the dock.... Most of the time the Jetski is tied to the dock on whips....

I have a bumper tied to 3 cinder blocks to mark it and have never had a problem.

Now I am not saying Gatto Nero, is wrong.... what I am saying, is that the answer is not straight forward.... I have the original note that I sent to the MP, and there response should I need it in the future.... Now If I was going to leave the ski on the mooring all the time, I probably would have just gotten a permit and been done with it..... They aren't that expensive, and I would doubt that if it isn't far out from shore, it will be approved.