View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #30
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGI3 View Post
Ok all you Ta-Ta lovers. Put your money were your mouth is, and do as I have done for the past 18 years. Cut a check for whatever you can afford, to the American Cancer Society and hopefully, some day, in our lifetime, it will be a thing of the past.
Go one better than that - form your own team and walk on October 17. It's not too late. More info here: MAKING STRIDES - LACONIA, NH

Quote:
Shedwannabe wrote:
I survived Stage 4 cancer myself. I'm all for things that support research to cure or prevent this disease. I also learned to speak up and say what I feel, and to care enough to confront degradation of women.

Seriously, just because I point out that "ta-ta's" is part of a culture that demeans women doesn't mean I don't want all efforts to cure cancer to go ahead.
Thank you for being here.

Seriously.

And know that I appreciate your posts and your concern.

But respectfully disagree on those terms degrading women, that you mentioned. To me, a woman, being degraded or disrespected has much more to do with someone's intent than it does with their actual words themselves. Someone can say, 'have a nice day' and with the wrong intentions or attitude it can be as bad them telling you to go to hell. I agree that "ta-tas" is a bit tacky... sometimes tacky can be funny or corny... I'm not fussed by it at all, really. Cancer is much more degrading than a silly little hyphenated word.

Like I said earlier... words have power over you if you allow them to... or not.

Peace.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote