View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
Senter Cove Guy

Default Sisters Married Brothers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
I find it interesting that both of the deceased man's sisters are married and their last names are Davis. Did they marry brothers?
I believe the answer is yes they did. I've actually talked with 4 relatives of the deceased man and am sure that fact was mentioned.

When I was interviewed by Roger Amsden of The Weirs Times, I related to him that one of the relatives of the deceased man told me that he was wearing a heavy wool coat which must have weighed him down and prevented him from reaching the surface. However, several days later, another relative indicated that he successfully exited from the underwater car and knocked himself unconscious on underwater ice while trying to reach the surface. This relative also told me that the diver who located the body had to make three dives, at $100 per dive, to find him. That was a lot of money in those days.

I was also told that Mary Sullivan, the passenger in the ill-fated car, had been living in California in recent years but had passed away in the last 2-3 years. The eye-witness that I spoke with also passed away last year.

This is the end of a quest for me and now I'm looking for a new lake adventure. Feel free to email me if you know of other "sunken objects" that might be worth looking for.