View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #27
Charlie T

Angry Boomer myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
You may have notice in another thread some of us 'Baby Boomers' still use our tried and True Marantz, McIntosh tube amplifiers and big box speakers. As for High End Audio, that is as far as I will go. I did on occasion with the kids check out the 'digital' ware and unfortunately I am not impress so to each his or her own. If you carry the old 'analog' goodies I will guarantee you will get a different demographic coming to your store. A specialty item is a huge draw!

The kids love listening to music on my '70's and they agree the music is much more mellow and easier to listen to. I read somewhere in an audiophile magazine 'tubes' and vinyl records are making a comeback!

The ol audio system can not hold a candle to today's theater system. I do admit that. But music is a whole different category.
Broadhopper. I may sell the latest computer based Digital Signal processed sound gear but my own home stereo has old Huge 1970's vintage JBL studio monitors. The new gear is sure fun to work with on certain levels and on with my high $$ computer test gear it measures ruler flat but the old stuff is more musical at least to these ears.
When I design a system for a high end performance venue the client and I have one set of expectations and criteria, when I'm listening at home it's a totally different story. BTW and for the record we don't sell any home stereo gear. For a 30,000 seat amphitheater I'm your guy, for a 6 seat living room with surround....... nope not a clue.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post: