View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Piston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
A 22 foot anything is small for this lake from my experiences.
Why is he selling it? Is he going up in size because it is too small?
I have only been on one once and it was a 28-30 footer, the owner said there are many times he cannot go out due to rough water. He explained that you tend to get a LOT of spray when under power.
It was a plumbing contractor and he used it as his water taxi M-F and weekend family boat. It was a big boat with lots of room and even with minimal wave action he had to take a longer route to the island to avoid coming into the waves at an angle to avoid getting his tools and employees wet.
Good luck
BR,
He bought the boat new to use at his vacation home on Newfound Lake, for when his kids and grandkids come up to visit. His grandkids now have swimming, baseball, and other afterschool and weekend activities, so they barely ever come up the lake anymore. He just bought a bass boat last week and doesn't feel as though he'll use the toon anymore. As it is, he's only used it about 150 hours since buying it in '04.

He got bored of Newfound Lake and used it in Winni many times. He trailered the boat often. My parents have been out on this specific boat a few times on Winni and Newfound with him and have always had wonderful times.

Just a bit of background on how we intend to use the boat, and what we don't intend to use the boat for:
We mostly enjoy slowly cruising around the shoreline while the dogs watch me throw a few casts. We like to explore the coves and generally just anchor up somewhere to grill up some lunch and relax.
We don't avoid the open areas of the lake but do avoid them when it's too rough. We're not really into getting anywhere fast as we normally have nowhere we need to be.
We will mostly be on the lake on the weekdays and take advantage of the lesser boat traffic, but we won't necessarily avoid the weekends. I'm very comfortable in 'crowds' of boats.

You guys all bring up some very good points and I thank you for that
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote