View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So the big question as you guys all think about a group discount, is the following, if the put a truck on a barge, how many gallons does one of those trucks hold? Which will dictate how many stops can be made in one trip.

Some other random thoughts, if you have someone come out and do your immediate neighbors at the same time that might help too.....

I am of course not in the situation of being on a true island so the guy just drives to my place. However we have both our tank pumped and my Aunts next door at the same time...And there is a certain amount of there fee that they wave, as they simply drive out to one location. park and just have to move the hose from one location to another.

Now of course there is a bit more involved going over to an island via barge. But if they can bring a truck over park the barge, and pump two or three tanks with out moving, it may help even further.....

Do any of the islands have internal trails wide enough to facilitate landing a barge at some point, and then driving a truck around the island? Once again, barging to a location and then just moving the truck would presumably be cheaper then moving things through the water from place to place....

Anyways just some food for thought