View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Windy Day Docking

Yup, I know the feeling trying to dock in this weekends wind...

I was trying to dock my boat (24' V-Toon) at the Glendale docks. It was very windy, but I was able to make it to the dock rather smoothly. Unfortunately when I shut the motor down and attempted to get my dock lines tied, the wind just got a hold of the boat and before I could do anything the wind just pushed me into the back of another boat. I tried desperately to lunge at the dock post but just didn't have the strength to keep the boat from moving forward with the wind.

I checked the other boat (a nice looking Baja!!) for damage and could not find anything, but I waited for them to return and informed them of what happened. I asked them to check their boat over good at which time he did find a very small nick that was not there before. They were not worried about the minor nick, but I told them to take my name and number anyway so that when they took the boat out of the water they could check it out thoroughly and to give me call if he wanted anything fixed as I would gladly pay for it. They were extremely grateful for me informing them and understood the situation. I would expect the same would be done for me if someone accidentally hit my boat.

I think the type of people you have described who would take off after damaging someones boat are in the minority, at least on Winni. Not sure why anyone would not own up to something like this. One's honor and integrity is worth a whole lot more than minor boat damage!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote