View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
ARV

Default My opinion...we are already getting WAY off track!

As a Moultonborough resident, I will say that I am in favor of town meeting. Not because it is a "tradition", but because it gives the residents/tax payers a chance to go to a meeting in which the articles and warrents are discussed, ideas/comments/opinions are shared and residents/tax payers are informed on what we are voting on. In my opinion, this is a much better alternative to just going to the polls and circling in yes or no.

In our small town of Moultonborough (yes, we are a small town), we have more than adequate room in the auditorium of Moultonborough Academy!

I think this is an important "event" for the residents/tax payers of Moultonborough as everyone who lives here on a regular basis should be involved and have a say as to what is happening with our local government. I do hate to exclude the "summer folk", but IMHO, you don't spend the majority of your time here and should be involved in your own local government, not the location of your second home. I say this with the utmost respect for you all!

In close, thank you SAMIAM, for the reminder that Town Meeting will fast be approaching!
ARV is offline   Reply With Quote