View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #55
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default QAM tuner

I have the QAM tuner in my HDTV. I would occasionally check the Metrocast lineup on line and when there is a revision, on the day of the revision I will do a channel setup to pick up all existing channels. Normally the 'analog' numbers (1-77) are in their respective channels. It is the digital channels that you must match to the corresponding 'analog' channels.

For instance Channel 9 is analog, 9-1 is 9-HS, 9-5 is SD (digital). You will see 9-2 which is METV and so on. I keep a spreadsheet and change it whenever they revise it. Early on the website use to have the QAM lineup but not anymore, they want you to rent a box. I refuse.

Comcast recently won a court ruling to encrypt QAM channels, forcing customers like me to rent a box. I have experience this yet on Metrocast and I expect them to do so soon.

Cable companies been bleeding subscribers for years, and there are articles describing them as dinosaurs, they will soon be extinct. You would thing it would be good business practice to appeal to customers. Instead they are turning them off, one step at a time.