View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #40
Steveo

Default I look at it a different way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
We have Metrocast cable at our leased cottage and always suspend service from Nov. 1 to May 1. Well, Metrocast has decided to stick it to us too. A bill arrived to cover Jan. 2014, and it seems there will now be a monthly "Parking fee" which is a little over $6 until we reactivate in May. I just hope they don't start charging a reactivation fee as well! I know the phone company charges a similar fee, but that ensures you keep the same # and also, I know that the line is still capable of reaching E911. I guess with all the people abandoning cable TV they have to make it up with added fees to those who stay. They must be taking lessons from the banking industry.
I look at it a different way...

I do a very similar thing in suspending my Metrocast service for 6 months. I pay a nominal fee to hold my phone number which I think is reasonable. I think it is pretty darn good that they don't charge me the full amount for those 6 months as other cable companies do. Since we are a "trapped" customer since we need internet and can't get it from another provider Metrocast could easily stick it to us and simply make us pay the extra 6 months.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote