Thread: Cemetery
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
66WINN

Default Love this Place

I too have had thoughts about death, my love for this place, and scattering my ashes over the lake. It's more of an expression of how I feel about the lake than where I am after I die. There is no location on earth that make me happier than being in the lakes region...childhood memories...current experiences with the family... I think of the lake and NH in general as "God's Country". It's so beautiful and awe inspiring. Spending time here can be so restorative to one's spirit. Getting away from the hustle and bustle and being surrounded by such beauty; it's just wonderful. The thought of being laid to rest where you are happiest is a comforting thought. In the end though, it really won't matter where my body lies. What will really matter is the times I spent with my family and the happy memories we shared in this beautiful place. After I die, this place will be of little consequecne to me. The memories shared with the loved ones left behind will be their best source of comfort. The pain of separation in death will hurt, but it will be tempered by thinking of the happy times spent at the lake. And if that causes them to want to spend more time here with their families, then the circle will continue. May we all get to spend many more happy years here in this place of beauty. Thanks to God for giving us such a wonderful place.
66WINN is offline   Reply With Quote