Thread: Laconia...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #24
Descant

Thanked 1,527 Times in 988 Posts
Default Good vs Less good neighborhoods

This is all NH. All of NH remains as one of the safest states in the country. Whether you are downtown in Laconia or Wolfeboro, "downtown" is a pretty small area. Remember that in NH "city" is a form of government, not an indicator of population or services. If you want to install ham radio antennas, and need space for guy wires, you probably won't be in a close-in neighborhood, more like an acre+ lots or more. While there may not be a homeowners association, some subdivisions have formal covenants that some things are restricted. In my neighborhood, mostly one acre lots, covenants deal with minimum house size, and maximum garage size. No horses or cows. My neighbor had a pretty tall ham tower. Probably easier to look for a site on a hill instead of the valley we're in. In any event, I suspect you will find many more criteria for home selection than good or bad neighborhood, at least by the more typical image of neighborhood. And if you want to walk around at night, get a nice flashlight. Lots of areas in NH don't have street lights.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: