View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
ApS

Question ME, MA, NY, NJ, CT, VT—All Vote NO LIMITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
"...No comments just a general poll of how everyone stands..."
Why no comments?

Shouldn't an on-line poll be restricted in some way? Will a vote from Sweden—or Hawaii—count equally with one from Moultonborough or Meredith?

A member who joined April, 2008 from Nevada is counted the same as a member who actually witnesses the increase in boating anarchy on our most-treasured inland protected water?

It would have been more resourceful to take a poll during the "Temporary Speed Limit" period announced by Director Barrett last July.

I'll say it before the poll closes next week: The same poll question appeared at this forum in 2002—and "broke even", so what validity can be gained from a poll taken this year? Just two days ago, everyone should have read here that online speed limit polls are actively manipulated by the Unlimited Speeds crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
"...Lots of changes in NH politics since May 3, 2003..."
I predict that this poll will NOT mirror the mood of the most recent House vote of 2-to-1 (overwhelmingly in favor) to the old House vote of 236-to-139. (Just warmly in favor).

The tide has changed in the NH Legislature, but don't expect to see that reflected at a poll where on-line voting is, sadly, actively manipulated behind the scenes.