Thread: Lake Riding
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
See the larger issue for me as a newbie here is that the trail conditions are not updated often by clubs. For example Moultonboro Club last updated 2/15. So for an out of state'r how is one to make plans for tomorrows hike up there without updates? Alot of guys in independant threads have commented the trails are poor. I didnt find that last weekend when I rode from 20mi.bay up Mt Shaw and then over to Ossippee. There were a couple thin spots going to Ossipee but they werent that bad. Maybe being new I have nothing to compare it to. Again, Wolfeboro Club site kists there trails as "rolled". What the heck does that mean? It has said that for a week. The only club I see good out of is out of Wakefield, Seven Lakes Club. THey seem to update conditions frequently.
Hi,

As the president of the Moultonboro Club, and PT trailmaster, I am responsible for the trail reports. Unfortunately, our club like most others are run by volunteers that have to still work on our real jobs!! I would like to update more, but at this point am only doing so when things change. My last update a week ago noted that the trails are open and passable. I believe that is still the case, though I have not been out, but I do see people still using them. There is not enough snow for us to process or work with. I know grooming looks like we just cruise through the woods with a drag behind us, but there is a lot of science behind it.

Hopefully, we will get some snow this weekend and can get back out there. What is out there now will make a great base and only 6 inches of relatively high moisture count snow will put us in good shape.

My contact info is on our website moultonborosmc.org. Feel free to contact me regarding conditions. I do try to check and respond to member's queries daily. Also contact me if you are interested in helping. We do trail work basically Sept through first snow and then again in April/ May putting the trails to bed and removing signs, snow fences, etc.

I will also take members for groomer ride alongs.

John
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: