View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #46
Winni Luvr

Angry Said I would try it

We ate at Junior's last Monday and the food wasn't bad. Only one waitress was working so we were very skeptical of how the service would be, but since most of the patrons were at the bar and only 2 other tables were occupied she did a pretty good job. The 4 of us had no complaints about our food. I had the Sirloin, my husband had the Steak Pizziola, one daughter had the Chicken Alfredo and the other had the Haddock.

However, while we all enjoyed the food we were not very happy with what happened when my 21 year old daughter ordered a drink. Keep in mind when I tell this story that we were there as a family. I am 50, my husband is 64 and my other daughter is 24. I was the only one who ordered a drink when we arrived, a glass of wine...my husband who does not drink had a coffee and my other daughter had soda. We were obviously there as a family and not to party or allow our daughters to pass off fake ID. Anyway, as dinner did take a little while to arrive, my youngest daughter decided to try one of their "crush" drinks. She pulled out her NJ Photo license for ID and when she ordered her drink and was asked for it happily handed it to the waitress. The waitress then looked at it and when it should have then been handed back to my daughter said she would have to show it to the bartender and walked off with it. After a couple minutes she then came back and said that my daughter would have to go up to the bartender. By this time, our food had arrived at the table, but my daughter went up to the bar. As she stood there waiting, the bartender had his back to her for a couple of minutes showing my daughter's ID to one of the people at the Bar! When I saw this I went up there and told the waitress to have the bartender acknowledge that my daughter was up there as her food was getting cold and what he was doing was wrong. He finally walked over and then asked her what her middle name was and her date of birth. By now I'm pissed and my food is getting cold. I told him we were there as a family and he completely ignored me so we went back to the table.

Long story short, we will not go back there even though the food wasn't bad.
My daughter gave the waitress a legal, photo ID from the State of NJ and was eating with her family, not a table full of questionably aged youth. While I expect any establishment to ask for ID, a waitress or bartender should be able to use discretion. My daughter was embarassed and I was angry. Not one other restaurant went further than asking for ID from either of my daughters during our vacation and we will be going back to them next year.
Winni Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote