View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Before this gets a bit to far out of hand, how about some food for thought:

There are probably more people using either weirs beach or Ellacoya beach on one summer afternoon than totals the number of fisherman on the lake in the winter time over the course of winter. I would say the likelihood of who would pee in the lake (again I am not condoning this practice) is probably about the same if not a little higher in the summer. Dogs are going to pee anywhere so that's a moot point.

The reason why those blocks of wood are used under the bob houses is so that they can be easily removed in the spring. Over the course of the winter time, between snow fall and the natural cycle of thawing and freezing the blocks become inbedded in the ice. Now imagine what a bob house would do if it became frozen in 6" of ice because it was not put up on blocks. Could they and should they be removed, sure they should but I don't necessarily think it's a monumental ecological disaster having a few pieces of 2X4 floating around in the lake. The trash is an entirely different story and that is shameful that it's left behind because there is no need whatsoever for that to happen.

Just remember that it's a small number of people out there that don't care but it reflects bad on all ice fisherman. Just like anything else, eventually if something is done about it everyone will pay the price for the few who are irresponsible. Sadly, as history shows new laws and regulations no doubt will have little effect unless there is somebody out there actively policing what goes on. For those that don't care, it's likely they never will.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote