View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #62
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Need Speed Limit Help

I work in Concord and I would really like to ride my horse to work. My family has been coming here for years, and, until the fast cars came along, we were always able to ride our horses anywhere. I would love to be able to take 104 to 93 and have my horse gallop all the way to Concord, just like my great grandparents did.

Now, with all those irresponsible people in their really fast cars, it has become dangerous out there. It scares my horse when those cars go by real close, like within 150 feet.

I think route 93 needs a speed limit of, say, 10MPH (5 MPH at night) so that my horse and I will be safe. Maybe even a horsepower limit! (My way of thinking is one horsepower is just right) That way, all of us can enjoy route 93 at the same time without infringing on my rights to travel on horseback any where I want, and everyone else's right to drive their car. It's a win win solution!

As for proof that the speed problem exists: Two years ago my cousin told me that his wife's sister knew a guy who knew someone who had a friend who was killed in a car accident on route 93 and they were going over 10MPH. There you have it!

Perhaps WINFABS and all the speed limit proponents can get to work on this right away. Don't be so self centered that you only concern yourself with the lake. Help to make our entire state safer!