View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Although an officer's bias may be true, in my case I have both my daily drivers set-up with custom installed radar detectors and laser jammers (both front and rear). They each also have Spectre immunity, audible alarm as to type of system my car is being hit with (each type has distinct tone), and I have on off toggle switch. No dash or visor mounting for my vehicles.

It has nothing to do with being chronic speeder as much as it is overzealous enforcement. I more than equalize the score.

They ONLY way I would get a ticket is if I was the only car on the road.

If a police radar system goes off either in front or behind me on the road, my system can pick it up from several thousand feet (or more) away with ease. When the hit the cars in front of me with lidar (laser), they've given themselves away.

Not sure how effective the laser detector will be on the water as boats are spaced very far apart. I won't be on Winni this year (different lake not far from it though) otherwise I would use my old visor mount unit to see how often they're clocking boats.

Starts with and "N" and ends with a "D"

For claiming to not be a chronic speeder you have spent a lot of time and money, on equipment to elude detection. I have been traveling all over New England for work and pleasure for 15 years now, logging between 20K -30K miles yearly. There are very few overzealous cops out there. If so I am sure I would have had my fair share of tickets over the last 15 years.... instead I have no tickets to report... Have I been pulled over? yep certainly have, even have a few written warnings... But after some polite conversations, a quick running of my plates and license, I have always just driven away, every time.... The question is how fast over the speed limit are you going... For me when I have been pulled over I have been between 10 - 15 mph over the speed limit. I get a lecture, but the cops generally realistic about things.

Don't blame the cops, if your traveling over the speed limit there is no one to blame but yourself. If you are sufficiently over the speed limit enough to warrant a ticket, once again blame yourself... The cops, they aren't overzealous. Can they have a bad day? yes Can the decide to write you a ticket if you are rude and uncooperative? Yep, and its your fault.

Don't talk about spending endless amounts of money to avoid getting caught in a speed trap, and then try and justify it by the over zealous cops....