View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #23
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It is sad that greed, is more important than our lively hoods. Bad ingredients, beautiful locations and buildings destroyed. Hopefully people will see all of this and realize giving back to the community is more important than making money.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/...6CO/story.html
This thread discusses two businesses that weren't successful in this building. A gentleman would like to put a Dunkin' Donuts on that location. This business would employ people and put money into the community.

I personally don't patronize any Dunkin' Donuts anywhere; and I grieved for a family business that was on my street that is now a Dunkin' Donuts. However, I'm a realist. If Dunkin' Donuts can make money, give jobs to folks, donate to fundraisers, pay taxes to the town, etc. then God bless 'em.

I'm confused about the greed comments. These guys worked hard and became successful. How does that automatically translate as greed? The article is intended as a portrait of a corporation and the men who run it. From reading this article, it is impossible to know what their charitable contributions are.