View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 04:12 PM   #22
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I'm not sure why you would be skeptical especially with all the positive reviews this site has given in the past on mini splits.

If your unit is the "Hyper Heat" model, which is what you want and need in NH, your unit at -2 degrees, you will get around 87% of the unit's output efficiency, this is better than most oil burners...and at -13 degrees, you will get around 76% of the unit's output...That's pretty dam good!

I have a 40' x 36' well insulated space that I heat all winter with one inside / outside unit. During the coldest of days I have never had issues heating to 72 degrees or warmer if I wanted. On a couple of back to back -10 degree days the unit heated flawlessly! The air conditioning (cooling) during the summer is beyond belief how well it cools!!

Now if you didn't purchase a hyper heat model....your in trouble!!

Good luck!!

Dan
I have Hyper heat and this is in my home in Ma.
Yesterday was the coldest day so far 37 during the day and 24 last night. I had to turn the two heads on my main level up real high to get a comfortable temperature of 67 degrees throughout the house, is that normal?
I have an 18K head at one end of the main floor and a 12K at the other with my thermostat right in the middle, The 18K unit I turned up to 76 and the 12K unit I turned up to 72. This main level is 1400 sq ft.
I'm thinking I should have put another head in the middle of the house but that would have required a bigger unit with 6 head capacity.
I installed a 48K unit with 5 heads for a 2000 sq ft home. The house is a 26x52 Cape, two bedrooms on the top floor have 6K heads each and one 6K head in the basement. It's not super insulated but it is well insulated as I had an energy assessment performed.
I have my oil heat set a 60 so it's hasn't got that low in the house.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote