View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Bobcat in Gilford

Sitting at the computer today, which is at a window that looks into the backyard, something caught my eye. First thought was wow, a fox, and 1 second later I realized it was a bobcat.

Fox is not all that unusual, but it's the first time, outside of the Squam Science Center, that I've seen a bobcat.

I called for my wife and grabbed my camera, only to get the dreaded "No Card in Camera" warning. By the time I got the card into the camera it was too late.

Dianne watched it continue it's stroll across the backyard and disappear in the woods that surround the Gunstock River. I wandered along the river looking to spot him/her, but no luck.

First impression is that it is a larger animal than I thought, second impression was .. Keep the darn card in the camera.

Our only remaining "outside" cat was out, but she showed up about 10 minuets after it had passed by.

I live in a fairly built up area, and I'm surprised to see a bobcat around these parts.