View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
camp guy

Default Inn on Main

Today, my wife (a mother), my daughter (a mother), my son-in-law, granddaughter, and I went to the Inn on Main for their Mother's Day Brunch Buffet. My wife and I last went to the Inn a week before Christmas and had a marginal dining experience, and, sadly, today's experience wasn't much better. First, let me say we had a wonderful waitress who paid attention to our needs throughout the meal. However, the buffet offering was unoriginal to say the most.

The egg offering, eggs Benedict, was bland, cool, and dry; however, there was an abundance of bacon and sausage links. There was a fruit platter, a sweet rolls platter and an omelet station, and a prime rib carving station.

The prime rib was very tasty, but you had to be a second year surgical resident to cut away the non-edible parts so you could enjoy the meat. The salad platter looked tired. The vegetables were okay, cool, and the fish offering was quite good.

The single dessert offering of make-it-yourself vanilla sundaes was good.

Over all, I was looking forward to something a little more festive for this Mother's Day buffet - like maybe a waitress to work with the mothers present as they went through the serving line.

A very nice touch at the end of the meal was when the waitress presented each mother at the table with a very full-bloom rose.

All in all, I think I will wait until I start seeing some more and stronger reviews before I venture a return trip.

Oh, it was a fixed-price meal, but 4 adults and a 12 year old paid north of $125.00 without the tip (I was good to the waitress).
camp guy is online now   Reply With Quote