View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
GrewUpHere

Default I just ate lunch at the Inn on North Main..comments

Hi--

My mom and I had lunch the other day at the Inn on North Main. While I like the new decor, I have some comments on the food.

We both had the Guinness Shepard's Pie, which was absolutely delicious. That being said, a small side salad would have been a welcome addition. The shephard's pie entree was $9. That was it: no salad, no bread, no water, not even salt and pepper on the table.

I went up to the bar to ask for salt and pepper; the bartender looked surprised, but handed over the shakers. Mom and I split a salad, which the waiter kindly brought us on two plates. We both asked him to pass on our side salad suggestion, but I doubt he did.

I grew up in Wolfeboro, and come back often. The prices at the Inn on North Main are on the steep side--did they not conduct any sort of market research of the town and the area? (And would it kill them to add a complimentary side salad and/or bread to the entrees?)

Let's just talk food here. If you order a steak at a restaurant, you pretty much expect you'll get a veg and potato/rice side (or at least one or the other) to go along with it. Otherwise you'd just be chewing on that steak with nothing else to enhance it. No matter how good the steak is, wouldn't you get a little bored with just a steak?

Sometimes a business gets more business by operating on the principles of lagniappe, which means "something given as a bonus or gift."
GrewUpHere is offline   Reply With Quote