View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 06:20 AM   #35
Alton-Acton

Thumbs down Nolan's at Sandy Point ... My prediction.

Went to NSP last night hoping to experience a little of the charm, service and great food we've had time and again in Wolfeboro. Really bummed, we got none of that. It is a total head scratcher that the folks running a successful restaraunt (Nolan's Wolfeboro) would put their name on a place where they didn't have menu control. The result is big plates of below average food with no freeshness or personality... Food which bears no resemblance to the name on the sign.

Our dinner included seafood, steak, a sandwich and a pasta dish... So a wide cross section...Maybe we got the wrong dishes but ours was a diner I'll quickly forget. I have to say that I don't understand the quest for nostalgia, things may have been great in that different time, but forcing a menu on the new operators of the restaraunt will be the reason this location doesn't work for more than a season or two at a time.

I was told that last night was the last night of the season... What... on August 28th... That's nuts. Earlier this year NSP stopped serving lunch... Unfortunately things don't appear to be going that well. My prediction is that it'll be hard for NSP to succeed with the menu they've had forced on them.

We desperately want NSP to become a crazy success... I want to complain about long weekend waits. I don't think that'll happen until the menu is completely rebuilt around Nolan's style fare. I don't think that'll work until people want to go there twice a month... Not just once in a great while. I don't think that'll happen while folks are still trying to capture a great meal they used to get way back when. The old kitchen and team were great, the new kitchen and team (Nolan's) are great - but they are NOT the same, it's crazy to say they have to be.

Let Nolan's be Nolan's.

My two cents.

Last edited by Alton-Acton; 08-28-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Alton-Acton is offline   Reply With Quote