View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 07:57 PM   #21
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
If you are asking me that, we didn't use one. The can do a sealant but if they are happy with the results they don't need to do one. You can do colors or lakes and all kinds of things with epoxy if you want.
No sealer is too risky for our shops.
Meredith was done with a chemical hardner that ''densified'' the concrete, and then multiple different grits until the owners were satisfied (could have gone further but chose not to). In the paint aisle you can notice the red pigment in an area of the concrete, someone spilled paint tint prior to the floor getting sealed.

The intent was for the night cleaning crew to do something like wax to build a protective layer. I think he does that with the little zamboni... as under the shelves appears different than the open areas of the floor.

I thought about epoxy for my garage... but a little concerned with any water creating a slip & fall situation.

We did paint the patio pavers; and I have since sealed my walkway with some dry look product from UGL... too soon to tell how well that works.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote