View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #31
beaner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
Got a peek at a menu. Eggplant parm is $20; add another $5 if you want a side salad with it. Bit of a splurge for us.
To update my previous post: We had an occasion to celebrate over the weekend, so we decided to check out Nolans for dinner. I was happy to see that either they tweaked some of the prices, or the original menu I obtained when they first opened had a misprint. Eggplant parm was $15, not $20. (although it's more if you add veal or chicken). Eggplant was cooked to perfection - crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Delicious sauce, but possibly a bit salty for some folks' taste?? The portion was huge and came with a side of pasta/sauce, enough for 2 hearty appetites. Salads were nicely presented, fresh, & generous portions for a "side" salad. Pizza is the same thin crust as the old location next to Bailey's Bubble. The crust was a little burned on the edge of one side, but otherwise it was very good. (It must be difficult to cook pizza evenly in a wood-fired oven). The place was hopping, and they had only 2 waitress to cover all the tables. The bartender was doing his best to help take orders and get food out, but they could have used more hands on deck. There were lots of interesting things on the menu, so we'll have to go back and try some of them.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote