Thread: Overnight?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #62
Rich

Why is it that people think that anchoring overnight on Winnipesaukee is more dangerous than anchoring overnight on any other of the thousands of busy lakes and salt water bays and coves around the country and the world?

I just don't buy it.

If a boat has the proper on board equipment to support an overnight stay (i.e.: anchor light, portable or built in head, etc.) and the occupants are not having an all night party to disturb others that are nearby, then there should be no reason why anchoring overnight on Winnipesaukee is any different than any other busy lake or body of water in the world.

If people are making too much noise, then go after them for disturbing the peace or other noise control laws, don't try to claim that this particular lake is unique in that it's too dangerous at night. There are plenty of other lakes that have many islands and are busy with boat traffic.

Yes I know, this has been discussed at length, but it still doesn't make it right.

Sorry, I get tired of too many laws and especially those that make little common sense.

By the way, not that he needs it, but I'll vouch for JRC. He's tucked into his berth every night at his slip.