View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #60
Airwaves

Quote:
Orignally posted by FFL
Wow....Airwaves....talk about being a regular Perry Mason! Without a doubt, the Governor's decision to sign HB 847 was based on SAFE BOATING and had nothing to do with any one individual boat accident.
We've posted this ad naseum, this bill has nothing to do with safety, it's not even funded.
Quote:
Originally posted by flyry49
I'll be supporting lynch's opponent the best i can. its funny how he claims to be cutting government spending and now hes going to invest into this nonsense
The way I look at his signature on this bill is purely political. His opponent was a co-sponsor of the bill, Lynch may have been persuaded to veto it right up until the Diamond Island accident. At that point he was politically bound to sign it in order to take a campaign issue away from Joe Kenney who would have undoubtedly fear mongered in exactly the same way as the bulk of supporters did, and portray Lynch as responsible! Lynch's comments to the contrary are polictical bull crap.
Quote:
Originally posted by Islander
There was a daytime fatal accident on Winni last summer that did not involve alcohol.
Could you refresh my memory on that one?
Quote:
Originally posted by Bear Islander
Yesterday the boys and girls camps on the island had their sail boats out. We don't see that very often because it can only happen mid-week when the lake is less congested.
Yesterday was a Tuesday? You only consider Wednesday mid-week? So what is changing?
Quote:
Originally posted by Bear Islander
Read from a recent article what the Boston Globe thinks Winnipesaukee's reputation is...
"Long known for thrill-seeking boaters, arcades, and nighttime firework displays that drown out the calls of the loons,
That would be the article on how the super rich are buying up the summer cottages and building mansions along the lakefront and how the economic downturn isn't impacting the buyer that can afford it? Don't think they are going to be bringing boats with them for their 8,000 to 22,000 sq ft cottages?
Quote:
Originally posted by VtSteve
But the majority of the reckless tubers, PWC's, and whatever other boats that routinely ignore the 150' rule will still be there. Generally speaking, the law doesn't impact them most of the time. You really should hope that gas prices remain high, which will have the single biggest impact on lake congestion.
That was, is, and shall remain the problem and it won't change at all because of this FEEL GOOD LAW! You're also correct that the biggest immediate impact on lake congestion will be gasoline prices, not this new law.
Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar
One of the Republican Senators who voted against the speed limit actually stated at the Senate Session that the lake was so large that you can't see land from out in the middle of it. Talk about being totally uninformed!
I know that when I stand at the end of my dock, looking out of Saunders Bay I can't see the other side of the lake. That is probably what your Republican Senator friend was actually trying to say.
Quote:
Originally posted by brk-int
Using that sentence as support for a position is no better than "I read it on the Internet, so it must be true".
You mean because I read it on the internet it isn't necessarily true?