View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteric Hovercraft View Post
Quote: "I would take the .."Airboat", ANY DAY over a hovercraft. Look at the hovercraft videos; They slip and slide and can hardly make a corner...blowing water everywhere. It also seems you have to "Ride" the hovercraft on your toes.. standing up..to maintain balance and control.

The "Airboat" will skim the ice..AND... bank in a turn on the water. I like the "Airboat" consept for Water AND Ice use. NB"

The airboat's hull has to constantly touch the surface, which is fine on water. But try to imagine the "comfort" of such ride on anything else! The hovercraft flies on a cushion of air, so you feel weightless and an experienced pilot does not need to worry. Only a laymen would stand in a hovercraft to maintain balance and control, no one who can actually fly one would do that. And if somehow you'd loose it and needed an "airboat like" grip, you can always decrease the pressure of air in skirts and let your hull land and slow down without the fear of sliding into something. It's all the matter of proper training and practice which every hovercraft salesman does to do to their customers. Neoteric Hovercraft provides a whole day training session to their customers in the price of the hovercraft, ensuring the proper flying skill and maintenance of the equipment. Anyone who has ever been in hovercraft and airboat will chose hovercraft over the airboat, due to its versatility. Airboat won't fly over the land, hovercraft will. And they just look so much better
I based my comments on the many videos on YouTube ..particularly the SKAT, that "cowisl" remarked ... "We have a Scat and a Hovercraft Concepts model. The Hovercraft Concepts model is by far superior". NB

PS: I've ridden in the Navy LCAC..(Prounounced El-Kak) and they slide as well...but then again, they don't don't do that many steep turns..OR.. fly over land much. Just an observation. To each his own.

Last edited by NoBozo; 03-12-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: (SP)
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote