View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #11
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Out of idle curiosity, did you take the boaters certificate class and test?
I don't know where that question is going and if you are trying to instigate something.... But I will presume it is a straight forward question for now.

For the record, when MA first adopted the requirement for underage boating certificates (some 25 years ago) I personally coordinated with the MA Environmental Police - the NH version of Marine Patrol - to hold a specially arranged program for approximately 15 youths ( and their parents) at our local Lake Assoc Hall. At the time I was Chairman for our Lakes Youth activities committee. This was a multi week/ classroom program with Certificates issued upon completion of the written exam ( parents didn't have to take the test due to MA law- but we all did in any event as an example to the youths!).

Subsequently, when the NH requirement was placed into effect, years later, on a rolling age basis, both my wife & I along with other family members immediately took that program as well as more than half of our boating is done here at Winni.

So "technically" I and my family hold two Certificates for boating

To the others responding to this thread...... when I wrote the original post, I had a COMPLETE lapse of memory.... Based on the first quick response, my (aging) brain kicked back into focus!