Thread: Police presence
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:01 AM   #7
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,161 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
They're enforcing it, there was talks in threads a while back of a local lady being one of the first people bagged on that new law on her way to a different court case. I do think they need to refine how they actually catch people, an officer saying I saw you on your phone to me isn't enough proof, I think that can get out of hand pretty quickly.
How is that any different than an officer saying I observed you speeding or I observed you go through that red light?

The sad fact is that many people are very poor drivers yet most people think that they are good drivers. Many people are not even aware they are doing anything wrong when they fail to signal a lane change, or signal a turn, or fail to yield the right of way when they enter a highway.

It seems to me that the quality of drivers has gone down hill over the last 30 years or so. The accident and fatality statistics do not support that because vehicles are much safer now than they were in the past and that fact has saved many poor drivers from themselves.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote