View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
We've all seen some really top notch captains around the various town docks. I'm waiting for one of these guys to drive over your anchor rode and set your boat adrift, possible connected to his boat which is no longer maneuverable. I'm not worried about my boat. I have 150' of chain.

How about, instead of businesses supplying a shuttle, they all chip in and make the bridge into Back Bay a draw bridge? With a toll fee to pay them back?

The expanded NWZ in Meredith makes a perfect set up for a mooring field, a commercial launch and/or a load/unload only dock. I don't think there's good room for a mooring field in Alton, Wolfeboro, Weirs.
Hundreds of thousands of boaters idle around anchored boats every day around the world with very few issues. It's not really all that challenging. However, no one should anchor anywhere that would impede boats going to or from the docks.

Regarding space for mooring fields, Wolfeboro already has one near the docks and there's plenty of room to add more. The area between the Mount Washington dock and Sandy Point, west of the two spars in Alton Bay, could support a huge mooring field. Weirs could easily have a mooring field in the shallow water south of FL1. Not sure any moorings are really needed though, anchors are perfect for anchoring.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote