View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Another thread got me thinking about big boats and public docks. Instead of trying to find docks space for a 35+ footer, why not just anchor and use a tender to come ashore? That's "normal" pretty much everywhere, but I have never seen it happen on Winnipesaukee. You can always find dock space for a 10' RIB...
The problem is Winni is land locked, and the state can set rules against it, if it becomes practice on Winnipesaukee and people don't like it.....

Not Saying I don't agree with it..... but as soon as people start doing it, if they can, other will start objecting to it.... and the next thing we know a new boating regulation....

Now to expand upon this, I think for this to be successful business and towns would have to create public Mooring area's.... with fixed morning spots.... otherwise the calamity that would ensue would be horrible. On top of that there would have to be a minimum boat length to use the public mooring area, other wise your clown with an 18' bowrider that is impatient will use the mooring and swim in... etc. etc. etc