View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
Belmont Resident

Default That is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Because typically when Home Depot contracts with alot of companies they have a product made for specifically for Home Depot that is lesser quality than what the maker normally puts out. That way they can sell it cheaper. So when you walk thru the Depot and see Anderson Windows, they are a watered down version. Learned that lesson the hard way. Same with the John Deere lawn mowers they sell.
HD and Lowes sell a different line of tools, appliances etc then what you get elsewhere. Much lower grade and most instances which is why they can sell so cheap.
They sell Kohler brand items. Try calling the manufacturer on a problem when you bought it at Lowes.
I would second the Harvey brand as well. So many had good things to say when I started the thread on Pella and my problems. But they do have a higher end line that some have had good luck with. It all depends on what you are looking for.