View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
So with competition now from a Super-Wally Mart will the Market Basket store lower prices even more to compete? Now this would be something to shout about alright.
No. MB in Tilton has the same prices as Concord and Lee and Swanzey, etc. Concord competes directly with the Walmart on the Heights, the prices did not change when that store went Super. And there is a reason why and the way for you to access the reason is below.

Take some time and make a list of you groceries and bring that list to both stores and see what you would save from one over the other. That is the only way to truely get an accurate feeling of savings from one store. By doing two different grocery shoppings, you will likely by more at one vs the other, because who really buys the exact same thing every week.

Just be ready, if you are not buying anything and just writing down prices they may ask you to leave (I would suggest actually doing the groceries at MB (cause that is all they sell) and then when you go to Walmart for something else bring that same list and just write down the prices). Happens to my wife every once in a while and to the Walmart spy at MB as well. You will truely be surprised at the results, don't take my word for it, go out and do it. Just keep it the same, Name brand for Name brand or store for store.

You will need to do this on the same week, as both stores adjust product pricing weekly, not on everything but some things. MB changes in POS take affect on Sunday morning every week.

Good Luck and do not forget to post your results, one way or the other, does not matter. It may just help someone else out. Everyone shops differently and a savings for one person does not guarantee a savings for someone else.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote