View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
ChocolateGypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When You move to NH can I use your internet connection. I have this business I want to try out. I call elderly people and tell them I am from Nigeria. I tell them that they have been left millions of dollars by someone they have never heard of before and all they have to do is tell me their social security number and bank account number so that I can transfer the money into their account
lmao! Sorry... couldn't help myself but...

Yes, Kickstarter is legit but there are specific guidelines... one being that it must be a *creative* or *humanitarian* endeavor. It was established to help struggling artists bring their ideas to life (notice the number of film and art projects.) I visit regularly because I'm entertained by the variety of ideas and projects. But I have noticed that Kickstarter may not be too strict about projects adhering to the creative/humanitarian requirement when there is a lot of interest in it. For the most part, I don't see many thousand dollar donations but many $5 and $10 pledges of support. In this way, (although I hate to say it) it resembles panhandling.

Simply put, Kickstarter projects are like: "hey buddy... can you spare a couple of dollars? So we can buy supplies to paint a mural on the wall near this empty neighborhood lot and help make the place look nicer. In return, we'll paint your name on one of the bricks."

Just droppin' in for a bite.
ChocolateGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote