View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 08:56 AM   #174
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat View Post
Many of these boats are trailered in for the day and the owners do not have any stake in lake quality, shore erosion and the spreading of aquatic invasive species. Unfortunately, many people who do not have a stake in protecting the lake do not have the level of caring needed to keep the lake a safe environment. In this case, money talks. If the boats cost $300,000, we are not talking about people without financial resources. Someone must be creative enough to find a way to make the boat owners also stake holders in the lake quality.
I found this post interesting, that many wake boats are trailered... This is misguided assumption.... In my purview of the lake, None of the wake boats I see are trailered. They are actually all shore front owners in the area. There are about 5 such boats I see out more then then others and all but 1 of those Five, I know where the boats dock. Beyond that if you take ride around the shore of any part of the lake you will see the popularity of this boats has increased, and they are represent all over the lake.