Thread: Tavern 27
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
kjbathe

Default A Fantastic Surprise

I thought I would write a great review of Tavern 27, but the positive comments above are already spot on.

My wife and I were looking for a new spot to try for lunch and Google Places popped up with 5 stars for Tavern 27. I'm skeptical when anything gets a perfect score, but our visit was just that -- perfect. We even joked during our meal that we couldn't ever go back because they couldn't top the experience we had yesterday. But we'll definitely be back.

Leslie greeted us warmly and after a complimentary sampler and trip to get our drinks, she gladly made some suggestions. We pretty much followed her lead and started with the spinach and artichoke dip with farfalle pasta chips. I would have been happy with that alone (delicious!), but continued our tapas tour with the hand cut sweet potato fries, grilled chicken skewers, winter squash puffs and finished with the cloud 9 shrimp. Each item was superb.

What a treat to have Ray and Leslie join us in the Lakes Region. The food is fantastic and their genuine pride of ownership and customer care are refreshing. The attention to detail and atmosphere are equally wonderful. As we left, our comments to one another were, "Wow, that was really good" and "Clearly they've done this before."

5 stars. All well deserved.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kjbathe For This Useful Post: