View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
chefbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon View Post
Chefbrown, You asked for a few thoughts I hope you don't mind if I offer a couple. First of all every hour on the hour may not fit peoples schedule and on certain days dock space may be at a premium making it difficult to connect with boaters. So how about this. Find a high energy young person who can deliver to the docks on a bicycle. Put a sandwich board (no pun intended) on the bike saying :Another great lunch delivered by Lakeside Deli. Or, The lake is our Dining Room, or something to that effect. Put a bell on the bike and have him ring it like a crazy Ice Cream man every time he approaches the docks. Phone # and website on sandwich board and delivery person should pass out menus to other boats while making deliveries. Also after a long day on the boat people may not want to make dinner so why not promote order dinner ahead and pickup at dock. I am making myself hungry I gotta go.
We have already thought of the bike as it is a great idea. My concerns about the bike is if we are permitted to ride on the sidewalk over to the docks. If not that is a CRAZY corner with traffic in the summer and do not want to endanger anyone just to deliver food. I want a 3 wheel bike with a big basket and sign and flag. Love the bell idea!! If the bike idea can't work, it's only about a 5min walk over to the docks and our energetic delivery person will definitely stay fit!! Thank you for your thoughts! Love it!!
chefbrown is offline   Reply With Quote